WHY USE A REALTOR?
There are many benefits of using a skilled agent in your home search. One reason is that we go on weekly tours of all the new inventory and will be able to match you with your criteria so you don't miss out on the "perfect one." We are trained in negotiation and will ensure a win-win transaction. Therefore, you can walk away feeling good about your biggest investment. We are familiar with local zoning ordinances to make sure you don't buy the wrong house for your intentions. As your realtor, we have a fiduciary responsibility to our clients. You are assured that we will have your best interests at heart and will work diligently to guide and protect you through the entire process. As a seasoned agent, I have seen many potential complications that can arise through the process and can advise the best solution. If you’re looking for single family homes or property to build that home in Nevada County, contact Team Rellstab! We’ll help you find the right home for the right price! Real estate as in life, the timing is everything.
When considering buying a home, your first step is the pre-approval. This will accurately set your parameters when searching for property. When you find the home you want you will be able to submit an offer. Sellers will not entertain an offer without having the preapproval letter. We have relationships with local lenders and will guide you through that process; from credit repair to closing!
TOP MISTAKES YOU CAN MAKE WHEN SHOPPING FOR A HOME
- Fail to realize it is possible to find what you want the very first day you go out looking.
(this happens more than you think…)
- Sleep on it (in a hot market, if you sleep on it, you might not get to sleep in it)
- Wait to find the absolute PERFECT house (you will always be limited by income, zoning,
legislation and/or property taxes, and inventory at the time)
- Violate the 80/10/10 Rule: if you find a house that has 80% of what you are looking for,
10% of things you can change, and 10% of things you can live with, it’s a keeper.
- Go window shopping and allow people to pull your credit report
- Believe what you see on HGTV and reality television (the majority of that stuff is scripted)
- Consider a short-sale property if you want to be in control of the process or need to move immediately
- Look for a home before being FULLY approved for a loan
- Get advice from a buying committee that has not purchased in the last year (the rules change almost daily)
- Neglect to purchase a home warranty
- Neglect to get a home inspection